We have been called by God to love, mend, train, and send people, to do the same for others.
- Jesus the Savior [Isaiah 53:5]
- Jesus the Baptizer in the Holy Spirit [Acts 1:5,8]
- Jesus the Healer [Matthew 8:17]
- Jesus the Soon Coming King [1 Thessalonians 4:16-17]
The Refuge is a charter member of the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel. If you would like more information check out the ICFG website. The Refuge is located in the “MidSouth” district of the Foursquare church. This district is comprised of New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi. Click here for more information about our district, as well as the churches in it.
1) Rescue: We believe that people are God’s most precious asset. So they should be ours also. (John 3:16; James 5:20; Jude 23)
2) Restore: We believe that we have been called to lovingly help people be restored to God’s family. (Gal. 6:1; II Cor. 2:7; Luke 15:11-32; Eph. 2:19)
3) Teach/Disciple: We believe that we are to equip people through modeling, mentoring as well as formal training with the word of God as an indisputable base. (Eph.4:11; II Tim. 2:2,15; Mt. 28:18-20)
4) Dynamic Relationships: We believe that we are called to intentionally develop vibrant, healing, and edifying relationships in our Church Family that have far reaching effects into our community and beyond. (I Cor. 11:1; Gal. 5:13,14; I Thes.5:11-13)
5) Team Work: We believe that we only accomplish the task set before us if we function and carry out our mission as a team. (I Cor. 12:14; Luke 10:1; Judges 7:21)
6) Spiritual Intimacy: We believe that the underlying foundation of success lies in establishing an intimacy with God through prayer, reading in His Word and documenting those times through journaling. (Heb. 10:22; James. 4:8; Hab. 2:2)
7) Spiritual Gifts: We believe in empowering and releasing people to discover, develop and utilize their gifts and talents. (Eph. 4:11,12; II Tim. 3:17)
8) Leadership Development: We believe in discovering and developing those who have a God given call to leadership. (I Tim. 4:12-16; Heb. 13:7)
9) Excellence: We believe in excellence in our service to God. (Phil. 3:13-15; Heb. 13:20,21)
10) Worship: We believe in the freeing and transforming power of worship. (John 4:21-23; I Tim. 2:8)